Friday, November 5, 2010

Ok, so It's been a bit...

Hey there, I know it's been a minute, but I've been having trouble with Adsense, my account never got approved... sad. But I guess I'll update anyway and hope for the best.

We've been some busy little alcoholic bees lately. That KISS show? Totally awesome. It went about 50 times better than I expected it to and was a blast. Here, take a look...


This is what we normally look like...
Full costumes, note the big, light up sign that was made for us...



The place was jam packed. Shimmy room only!



Confetti Cannon


This is me, in the big mess we made.


So all in all, it was quite a night. You can't see from the pictures I posted, but we all had platform boots on; that mixed with the wig and big foam shoulder pads/belt setup made it pretty hard to move. It was durn near impossible to step on pedals when needed, I cant complain though, it was incredibly fun. Video you say, why yes we have a video, it's of the song "Strutter," if you're familiar with that number...



Yeah, I just kinda stand there and shimmy the whole time, and the solo ain't perfect, but nevertheless, everyone rocked out with their, uh, well they rocked out.




That's that when it comes to KISS. One thing I've noticed is that I'm a little better at guitar than I was before. The constant solos and technical bits in KISS songs have sharpened my skills and now when I play the lead bits from our original tunes, they feel much easier.  For now, we are writing and we have a show tonight at the "historic" Melody Inn for a a fine fellow's birthday. If you're in the area, come on by, starts at 10 but we play last.

Alright, that's all for now. Thanks for reading, and if you know anything about Adsense, leave me a comment or suggestion. Thanks ya'll!!!!

2 comments: